Airport Operations Manager
Claremore Regional Airport
Established in the early 1990s, Claremore Regional Airport (KGCM) is home to 43 hangar buildings and 90 base aircraft, averaging approximately 12,700 operations annually. KGCM is currently seeking a dynamic, full-time Airport Operations Manager.
This role demands a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual committed to overseeing and coordinating various activities within the airport to ensure efficient and safe operations. The Airport Operations Manager is accountable for all aspects of Claremore Regional Airport, including the retention and support of aviation tenants, prospects, and facility visitors. The position expects responsibility for developing, executing, and overseeing strategies for growth, infrastructure improvements, and the facility’s financial sustainability. This multifaceted position encompasses a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to managing personnel, facilities, financials, and resources to maintain high standards of service and compliance with FAA, DOT, ODAA, Oklahoma, Rogers County, and City of Claremore regulations. Collaboration with relevant parties and stakeholders is paramount as the Airport Operations Manager optimizes airport operations, including aircraft movements, passenger services, and facility maintenance. Additionally, they monitor and respond to emergencies, implement safety protocols, and address any operational disruptions to minimize impacts to maintain smooth operations. Overall, the Airport Operations Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the seamless functioning of the airport, enhancing the experience for all who engage with the facility, and upholding safety and regulatory standards.
Job Title: Airport Operations Manager
Department: Claremore Regional Airport
Reports to: Executive Director, Claremore Industrial & Economic Development
Oversees: Part-Time Airport Line Attendant Personnel
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Salary Range: $52,000 - $70,000, dependent upon experience
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Supervise airport personnel, including line attendants, ensuring smooth operation and adherence to safety standards.
- Ensure policies and procedures such as personnel, purchasing, and safety are understood and followed.
- Ensure airport compliance with FAA, DOT, ODAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage aircraft refueling operations, coordinating with fuel suppliers and monitoring fuel inventory, pricing strategies and fuel revenue trends
- Develop, monitor and manage fiscal budget and related expenditures
- Efficiently organize, manage and maintain current hangar and land leases, including contact information, invoicing, and legal agreements.
- Uphold the professional reputation of the airport and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the regulatory bodies, tenants, prospects, visitors, general public, area businesses, clients, media, and others
- Ensure complaints are handled and resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain facilities, equipment, and landscaping, overseeing cleanliness and functionality.
- Ensure the ongoing development, maintenance, and supervision of current and future infrastructure and related projects, along with the management of associated funding streams.
- Perform opening and closing duties, ensuring airport readiness and security.
- Handle monthly and daily data entry tasks, maintaining legal and accurate records of operations.
- Answer phones and monitor software systems, providing assistance and information to users.
- Conduct tie-down and chalking of aircraft, ensuring proper securing methods.
- Perform daily checks as required to meet regulatory and safety needs for the airfield.
- Conduct daily fuel sump checks to ensure fuel quality and safety.
- Coordinate and oversee cleaning activities for lobby and restroom areas.
- Oversee pavement and wildlife management programs, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Market and advertise airport availability, services and events held at or by Claremore Regional Airport.
- Manage and oversee time records for airport employees.
- Attend the monthly board meetings of Claremore Economic Development, providing status reports for operations each month.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings of Claremore Regional Airport committee.
- Communicate relevant updates to stakeholders on a recurring basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education / Experience:
- Education or related experience in aviation or related field
- Experience with project and process management
- Experience with budgeting and fiscal management
- Experience related to personnel management
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and techniques used in the field of customer service, airport operations, and irregular operations at an airport.
- Advanced experience or equivalent education related to aviation such as pilots license, Airport Management Certificate, Bachelor’s degrees in Aviation Management, Airport Operations Management, Aviation Maintenance, Aviation Safety, Flight Operations, Aviation Engineer, etc.
- Advanced business and project management experience with proven history of success.
- Experience with QT Pod Software, Fuel Operations and Engineering Project Work.
- Advanced knowledge of airport operating procedures and relevant FAA Adisory circulars.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in airport operating procedures.
- Advance knowledge of public entity reporting requirements, aviation grants, administration and DOT/FAA regulations.
- Experience related to infrastructure development.
- Experience in optimizing legacy process and procedures.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Additional related training and certifications preferred
- English Language Proficiency
- Proficiency in computer applications for word processing, databases and presentation software.
- Strong attention to details, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of aviation industry practices and terminology.
- Project management skills relating to airport infrastructure improvement and development.
- Customer service-oriented with good public relations abilities.
- Ability to operate a standard transmission.
- Ability to prepare and effectively maintain budgets and budgetary controls.
- Ability to actively pursue and develop new ideas, methods, and procedures to meet changing situations.
- Ability to make comprehensive recommendations to resolve operational problems.
- Skills to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, relevant, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Consideration for employment must include the submission of a City of Claremore application; in addition, the rating of education and experience, oral interview and reference checks, and related job tests may be required. This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing. Safety-sensitive positions must comply with federal regulations where marijuana still remains illegal. Possession of a medical marijuana license does not exempt safety-sensitive positions from federal regulations. Should one of these safety-sensitive positions test positive on a drug test and lose the ability to perform within the job description outline, Claremore Regional Airport will implement the zero-tolerance policy resulting in immediate termination.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to walk, talk, or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, vehicles, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Extensive sitting, walking, and occasional weekend/evening hours may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Deadline for Applications:
Thursday, February 22nd, 2024, at 5:00 pm CST