Sonica - LMI Aerospace Distribution Center
WHO ARE WE
Sonaca North America is driven by a passion for innovation and a commitment to excellence. As a leading provider of aerospace and defense solutions, we are dedicated to making air and space travel safe and sustainable. We have 13 locations across North America and our engineering expertise and operational excellence set us apart from the competition.
Since the beginning in 1948, we have a proven track record of delivering high-quality products and services that are reliable, safe, and efficient. Our team of experts is dedicated to staying ahead of the curve in the aerospace and defense industry, utilizing the latest technologies and processes to ensure that we deliver the best possible solutions to our customers.
We are currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk, responsible for verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. They compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of outing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to reference customer specifications and QAPs in performance of job duties
- Movement of parts from production tables to shipping tables
- Read work order and verify proper count, and buy-offs
- Examine parts for defects
- Use computer to set up part mark information per specifications
- Operate video jet ink computer printer to perform part-mark function
- Package/bundle parts per customer and Sonaca North America Quality specifications
- Movement of packaged/bundled parts from part mark area to source area
- Build cardboard boxes for packaging of parts
- Load packaged/bundled parts into wooden crates
- Operate vehicle to transport parts to/from local customers
- Operate saw and hammer (including air hammer) to build wooden crates for parts
- Operate forklift for movement of wooden crates to/from shipping to/from trucks/dock
- Actively participate in team meetings and continuous improvement projects
- Meet production/quality requirements
- Serve on cross-functional work teams
- May be required to cross train and/or assist in other work areas to meet fluctuating work demands
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons per customer specifications.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard container or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers and protective padding.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
- 1+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is preferred.
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be very well organized.
- Must be a self-motivated individual.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to identify problems and execute solutions.
- Must understand and abide by all confidentiality regulations within the company.
- Must have the ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Windows.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
WHY CHOOSE SONACA NORTH AMERICA?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
Sonaca North America is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, Sonaca North America provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, Sonaca North America will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for Sonaca North America‘s Human Resources Department. Sonaca North America will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
Sonaca North America is an E-Verify Employer.
Sonaca North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from Sonaca North America and/or its affiliates (“LMI Aerospace”).
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
Sonaca North America does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment requirement and will always require candidates to formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.
Sonaca North America has no responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe you have been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning Sonaca North America, please email email@example.com.