Electro Mechanic Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing- 3rd Shift
TC Transcontinental Packaging
About This Opportunity:
The TC Transcontinental Ultra Flex facility in Brooklyn, NY has an opening for an Electro Mechanic Maintenance Technician to work in our 3rd Shift (3:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.). The Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician performs repairs and preventative maintenance to equipment and facility. Utilizes both mechanical and electrical knowledge to service printing, laminating, slitting, bag converting, and facility support equipment used in the manufacture of Flexible Packaging.
What You Will Do:
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable PPE and Food Safety policies and procedures, wear steel-tipped shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hairnets, beard nets, etc.
- Adhere to all lockout tag-out procedures.
- Work areas are clean and organized for safety and optimal efficiency.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and operator observations to diagnose equipment problems.
- Interpret blueprints and manufacturer manuals in the efficient operation of machinery.
- Repair and perform predictive and preventive equipment maintenance demonstrating both mechanical and electrical knowledge related to hydraulic, pneumatic, schematics, control systems,general electric equipment, power distribution, power supply, drives, ac/dc motors, computer & PLC hardware.
- Examine parts for defects, breakage, or excessive wear and determine whether replacements can be ordered, fabricated, or assembled.
- Ensure parts, supplies, and tools are requisitioned, inventoried, and available as necessary.
- Perform necessary record keeping and maintenance logs of equipment.
- Coordinate projects and responsibilities with skilled trades (machinist, welder, etc.) to minimize downtime of equipment.
- Manage Universal Waste; used oil and filters in designated containers and properly labeled.
- Demonstrate to and train machine operators on proper equipment functions and features.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects and provide suggestions to improve processes.
- Work in and around energized equipment, confined spaces, and at heights.
- Other tasks or duties may assign by your manager/supervisor as need.
What You Have To Offer:
- Reading and writing skills corresponding to the level of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical/vocational/military training in mechanical, electrical.
- 5 years of related experience in general production maintenance with pneumatic, hydraulics, schematics, control systems, general electric equipment, power distribution, power supply, drives, ac/dc motors, computer & PLC hardware.
- Good work ethic, attendance, and punctuality.
- Must be flexible for shift assignments and be available for overtime as required including weekends.
- Customer oriented.
- Motivated and collaborative within a team environment.
What we have to offer:
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family’s needs.
- Variety of opportunities to learn and be involved in different activities. Competitive compensation.
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on experience, and qualifications. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable to successful candidates who are hired onto local United States payroll.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $30.00 - $30.00
TC Transcontinental offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, health care coverage, retirement plan, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations.
TC Transcontinental, Making Impressions Count:
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform, and grow while making impressions that count!
TC Transcontinental Packaging blends Art, Science, and Technology to create flexible packaging for familiar brands you encounter everyday. Packaging that protects and preserves products, accentuates brands at retail, and is sustainable. We are a passionate about sustainability and social responsibility. As a values-driven organization, we are focused on innovation and developing flexible packaging that supports our vision for a circular economy where plastic never becomes waste. Join the TC Transcontinental Packaging team and make a difference in the packaging industry.
Learn more about us: