Research and Product Development Engineer
TC Transcontinental Packaging
TC Transcontinental Packaging – Research & Product Development EngineerCreate value at TC Transcontinental.At TC Transcontinental, we’ve got it made, and that's because of the expertise of our team. We are currently looking for a full-time Research & Product Development Engineer to utilize flexible packaging technical knowledge and partner with our talented operations, sales, marketing, and customer service teams to grow the business and positively impact the results across all sectors of our Packaging division.We have been driving innovation since 1976. With over 8,000 employees and 41 production sites, TC Transcontinental is a leader in the packaging and printing industry, as well as the top French-language educational publishing group in North America. It is a company that takes care of its teams and where employees support each other. At TC Transcontinental, we lead the industry by cultivating a sense of belonging for all.When benefits really help you live better.
- Group insurance (including health, life, disability, dental and travel insurance)
- Paid paternity leave and educational reimbursement
- Immediately vested 401k with company match
- Supplier discounts on various products
- Regular full-time position
- Participatory management
- Drive TC Transcontinental’s sustainability commitments to providing recyclable, compostable, and PCR-containing packaging
- Develop and commercialize coextruded biaxially oriented polyethylene films
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, Customer Technical Service, and Customers to identify and stay current with customer and market needs
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, and other R&D team members to justify investment in new technologies or start-up companies
- Interface with suppliers, universities, government labs, or start-up companies to identify new materials, new technologies and/or new processes to meet customer and market needs
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, Procurement and Manufacturing to justify capital expenditures on new processes
- Coordinate and supervise internal and external R&D trials of new materials, new technologies, or new processes to determine if they meet customer or market needs
- Work collaboratively with Procurement and Manufacturing to install new processes. Develop process and quality specifications and ensure a smooth transition process to Manufacturing
- Work collaboratively with other R&D team members to transition and disseminate information about new materials or new technologies
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or other related engineering discipline
- Expertise in flexible packaging requirements and design; preferably 5 years+ experience in packaging manufacturing processes, specifically blown and cast film production, film formulation, extrusion and adhesive lamination, printing, coating, and bag/pouch converting.
- Project management experience
- Detail oriented with advanced organizational skills.
- Proven strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25-30%; ability to work remotely as schedule allows.
When our contribution invents the future.A pillar in its various sectors of activity, TC Transcontinental inspires by its desire to create a responsible and united world. Its actions, particularly its commitment to the use of plastic, contribute to the protection of resources and the design of innovative products.Send us your application. Create something with TC Transcontinental. WeveGotItMade.com#INDUS#LI-MS-1