TC Transcontinental Packaging
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Laminator TechnicianSpartanburg, SCDo you enjoy working as a team-player and sharing your expertise? Do you have a drive to take existing processes to the next level? If so, we’re looking for you! About this opportunity
Laminator TechnicianAs a Laminator Technician, you will be responsible for assisting in set-ups and operation of machine combining by two or more layers of film to produce laminated flexible packaging materials. Shifts: any shift What you will do
- Sets-up machine to specifications outlined on the order
- Sets-up machine to standard set-up time & procedure
- Obtains production order and determines specs for impending job and arranges for delivery of base materials to machine
- Loads print rolls and base films and or materials onto unwind stands
- Performs basic quality checks on films
- Mixes primers, using prescribed formulas, and maintains adequate levels in reservoirs
- Transfers hazardous waste into designated drums and transports to storage areas
- Applies tape to resin roller to prevent extrusion from sticking and adjusts web guide sensors and trim knives as required
- Checks poly/adhesive applications and installs anilox rollers
- Sets brake control pressures and thread web(s) through machine, lapping and taping ends around take-up core
- Removes finished roll of laminated material from rewind using hoist or walk-around lift, and transports roll to floor scales. Accurately records weights, footage count, time, etc. on roll ticket and transfers roll to designated storage area
- Performs inspections per Quality Procedure
- Cleans machine and area according to schedule
- Ensures machine Preventive Maintenance (PM) is performed according to the schedule
- Completes all required tracking forms (Job Plan, Shift Run Report, Quality Sheet, and checklists)
- Assists operator with job changes as prescribed
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to comply with all Food Safety & Quality System processes
- Ability to comply with and sustain 5S process
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to work any shift
- Ability to complete all required tracking forms (AX, Job Plan, Shift Run Report, Quality Sheet, and checklists)
- Ability to comply with all ergonomic requirements of the job including lifting, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and good math skills
- Initiates and supports process and continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent record of safety, attendance, and quality performance
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs].
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.