Material Handler - Tulsa
The primary role for the Material Handler is moving material around the plant or work site with a forklift and/or crane for production to run smoothly. In addition, this role may package/band, weigh, and load/unload material from machines and stage material in a timely and accurate manner. This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regular and punctual attendance at work is an essential job function of each position and is necessary to your individual effectiveness and that of your work group. Regular and punctual attendance is required of all employees.
- Moves material around plant using a forklift and/or crane for producing, finishing, packaging, or shipping the product.
- Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished material to warehouse or paint line.
- Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine efficiency.
- Provides machine support by emptying scrap tubs and ensuring lines are cleared of finished product.
- Locates material into finished goods as needed with inventory accuracy in mind.
- Moves and stores received material in proper physical and systematic locations.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Follows bill of material to match product with proper packaging and skidding.
- Updates system locations to match physical location after any material movement.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient, and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years prior material handling experience.
- Demonstrated consistent job history required - no job hoppers.
- Competent in basic math and computer skills.
- Can operate banding tools.
- Must understand and follow all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems – detect obvious defects.
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and/or production order.
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes.
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately.
- Oral and written communication skills – including legible handwriting.
- Required OSHA safety training.
- Forklift and crane license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, up to entire length of shift.
- Must be able to exert moderate to heavy physical effort with lifting requirement up to 50 pounds.
- Must have strong range of motion.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and bend.
- Must be able to see, speak, and hear.
- Must be able to read instructions and all measuring devices.
- Must use fingers and hands to manipulate tools and small parts.
- Must be able to walk over both even and uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE including seatbelt.
- Must be physically able to access all areas of the plant and grounds.
- Some aspects of this position may require working in tight quarters.
- Some aspects of this position may require close vision, depth perception, the ability to see small detail, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 5215 Arkansas Road
Catoosa, Oklahoma 74015
Westerman, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, or veteran status.