3G Vessel Welder
Westerman is a multiple site manufacturer of production and storage equipment within the oil, gas, and nuclear industries. Our equipment helps optimize well pad design, improve separation efficiency and lower overall equipment spend through high-performance surface separation and processing technology. Our equipment is setting new standards for performance and economics nationwide.
The Welder is responsible for set-up and operation of advanced welding equipment. This position uses expertise to solve problems and eliminate scrap, rework and downtime while effectively repairing defective products. The appearance of the repair work must be at an acceptable level and meet high quality standards. The Welder is also responsible for making sure all work is done to specification. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regular and punctual attendance at work is an essential job function of each position and is necessary to your individual effectiveness and that of your work group. Regular and punctual attendance is required of all employees.
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures.
- Safely operates all advanced level welding equipment.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and make advanced adjustments to welding machines as needed to maintain good production and quality.
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of welding procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Consistently clocks into production jobs and maintains production averages at or above the expected standards.
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with all departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- **MUST BE ABLE TO PASS AN OPEN ROOT 3G MIG/FLUXCORE FILL IN CAP WELD TEST**
- Welding: 2 years.
- Basic safety training.
- Intermediate math skills and ability to read a tape measure required.
- Must have a firm understanding of volts and amps and be able to adjust accordingly.
- Basic data entry skills for maintenance breakdown calls.
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions, weld symbols, and operate required tools involved in position.
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures – detect defects.
- Troubleshooting skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, up to entire length of shift.
- Must be able to exert moderate to heavy physical effort with lifting requirement up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a strong range of motion.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and bend.
- Must be able to see, speak, and hear.
- Must be able to read instructions and all measuring devices.
- Must use fingers and hands to manipulate tools and small parts.
- Must be able to walk over both even and uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE.
- Must be physically able to access all areas of the plant and grounds.
- Some aspects of this position may require working in tight quarters.
- Must be physically able to crawl in and out of vessels.
- Some aspects of this position may require close vision, depth perception, the ability to see small detail, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate an electric and pneumatic grinder safely.
- Minimum $23/hour – Depends on experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Employee Assistance Program
- $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Monday – Friday
- Day shift
- 5215 Arkansas Road
Catoosa, Oklahoma 74015
Westerman, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, or veteran’s status