Mechanical Engineer, Plant Reliability
CF Industries Holdings
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:As the Plant Reliability Engineer, you will focus on engineering direction for equipment integrity, inspection, plant operations, and RAGAGEP implementation. As a necessary technical resource, you will address fixed plant equipment issues, covering daily needs and projects. The Plant Engineer implements solutions for improved reliability, reduced maintenance costs, and on-stream problem resolution, supporting plant safety and mechanical integrity through procedure development plans. You will report to the Sr Reliability Engineer and work with another Reliability Engineer and Quality Assurance Technicians, belonging to a larger Engineering department including Chemical Process Engineers, Project Engineers, Documentation, Drafting and an Electrical Engineer. You will work onsite; this is a safety sensitive position.
- Be the primary technical resource for piping systems, pressure vessels, and stationary equipment. To include change to plant equipment.
- Ensure site practices and documentation comply with PSM Mechanical Integrity standards, governing regulations, and best industry practices.
- Assist site Mechanical Integrity Engineer and Inspectors in planning, scheduling, accomplishing, and documenting stationary equipment and piping inspections.
- Update site maintenance and mechanical integrity procedures.
- Help troubleshoot equipment issues on-site and document findings. Conduct failure studies and report findings to prevent recurrence.
- Provide technical support for emergency maintenance work during off-hours.
- Manage projects for the upgrade or replacement of site mechanical equipment.
- Design and implement predictive and preventive maintenance programs for critical equipment.
- Assist the maintenance department in planning site turnarounds, shutdowns, and special projects.
- Communicate reliability concerns to management and other affected personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum five years of experience in a production, manufacturing, or plant environment subject to OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM) regulation.
- Working knowledge of piping and pressure vessel design and maintenance, atmospheric and low-pressure storage tanks, inspection techniques, work planning, and workforce coordination.
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills and the ability to perform accurate real-world engineering analysis.
- We offer benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and a well-being incentive program.
- Time off for vacation, employee holidays, and if you or your family are sick. We also have new time off programs for paid parental leave, adoption of a child and for volunteering.
- 401k, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, pension plan, disability, and life insurance
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.